IMPORTANT RECITAL INFO!
Street of Dreams Dance Studios June recital is for all our students. This is our 8th year that we have been entertaining audiences with our professional, organized and entertaining shows. Recitals are an extenuation of the benefits derived from dance training. Students learn discipline, cooperation, stage direction, and terminology. Stage presence helps children to overcome shyness, build confidence, and develop their individual personalities.
The annual Street of Dreams Dance Studio recitals will be held at Lincoln Way East High School on Wednesday and Thursday June 13th & 14th, 2018. Depending what show you are in. (See front desk for clarification) Your dreamer may be in one or both, If not sure please at the front desk. Our show time is 6:30 pm. The extensive recital information will be available here online beginning in April. The information posted will tell you everything you need to know about the shows and the events leading up the big day. It will include ticket & DVD purchase information, tight and shoe requirements, picture day details, and much more. Please take time to read through the recital information when it is posted. For now, please see below for the basic recital information.
Although the recital is not mandatory for our students, all dancers who wish to perform in the show are follow the guidelines below:
In order to participate in the June recital, there are a few requirements we ask of your dreamer:
• Class Attendance – Attendance is extremely important, especially during the months of January through June. Each week the steps and proper technique are being taught for the performance. Please try to miss as few classes as possible for your dancer and their class sake.
• Costumes – A costume must be purchased for each class your child participates with in order to dance in the show. To ensure all dancers receive a costume for the show, the studio automatically purchases a costume for each child with payment in every class unless you have previously notified the studio that your dancer will not be participating in the recital. The price per costume is $70.00 per registered class,$55 for Toddler classes.Costume fees are due week of Jan.22nd-Jan 31st. We would prefer you to pay via cash/ check please turn in your check by Jan 31st, otherwise it will be charged on Feb 1st automatically. If your dreamer is unable to participate in the show, please visit or call the office immediately at 708-478-4161 to complete a recital non-participation form BEFORE Jan 31st!
• Costume Fittings – At SOD, dancers try on sizing leotards to determine the proper costume size. Costume sizing will take place throughout the month of January during their regularly scheduled class time. Pictures of each class’ costume will be revealed end of January.
• Dress Rehearsal – All dancers participating in the show are required to attend the onstage dress rehearsal and picture day on Tuesday, June 12th, at Lincoln Way East High School. Exact times are TBA, but will begin at 1:00pm and go all day.
• Show Tickets – Performance tickets are $16-$22 per RESERVED seating ONLY. Tickets will go on sale Friday, May 11th 9am ONLINE only. Details coming soon. There is no minimum number of tickets that must be purchased.
Thank you for choosing Street of Dreams and we look forward to seeing the Dreamers on Excel throughout the year and have a wonderful season!
Costume Reveal Weeks: January 22nd- Jan 27th
Costume Payments: January 22nd- Jan. 31st
Costume Fittings: January 22nd- Jan. 31st
Ticket Sales: Friday May 11th, 9:00AM ONLINE ONLY
Costume Take Home: May 28th- June 6th
Dress Rehearsal: June 12th 1:00pm (Your class times will be scheduled,Times TBA)
Show Times: Show 1 June 13th/ Show 2 14th 6:30 PM (Depending what classes/days, Schedule at studio)